How to participate.
How to participate
Joining us is easy. So just get started.
As a teacher/studio
As a participating teacher or studio you probably know best how to go about organizing the session, however here are some suggestions on our part:
- Make this event known to your students as soon as possible. Mention it in class, put up a sign on the board, have a few flyers ready. We have produced some templates for you to download and either put the ads on your website or have them printed as little postcard flyers or posters. If you are interested to spread the word, just visit our download center.
- Under Ressources we provide the WYD logo and website banners in different formats.
- Under Team you will find a list of local coordinators. Local coordinators are there to help you with any idea or questions you have. If there is no local coordinator in your country give us a shout - maybe you want to become one?
- Under Contact you’ll find details of local WYD coordinators.
- Encourage your students to spread the word and to bring anyone they know along – yogi or not –and join the practice. This is a wonderful oppurtunity for everyone to make a big impact with very little means.
- Spread the word to all the yoga teachers and studios you know. This action is about joining in and forming a union. The more we are the bigger the impact.
- Last but not least: join now by filling out the registration form under Join us. Under Who's in you can see who else is taking part in this event.
As a student
- Under Who's in find a studio or teacher near you who's participating in World Yoga Day. Let them know you will participate and show up on the date a little before 11AM. That's all.
- If you can't find a participating teacher/studio near you, let the studios know about World Yoga Day and encourage them to participate.
- Spread the word to all the people who share your spirit and bring them along.